[chord] Help an up-and-comer?

James Rhett Aultman jaultman at cise.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 21 17:23:19 EDT 2004

Chord Team:

My name is James Aultman, and I am a Ph.D student in the CISE
department at the University of Florida.  I will be starting my third
semester in August, and by late in my fourth semester, I must provide
the prospectus for my thesis.

I have a very strong interest in peer-to-peer systems, and I am
looking to refine my thesis topic to somewhere within this field.
Over the summer, I've been trying to read current literature on the
subject to help me get a jump into peer-to-peer systems (UF does not
offer any seminars on the topic, so I'm trying to educate myself).
Unfortunately, though, I haven't been having the easiest time of it.

I was curious- could you perhaps suggest some literature that would
help expose me to the field...to help me understand more fully the
open topics in the field and the state of the various areas of active
research?  I'm asking you because Chord is mentioned heavily, leading
me to believe you're quite the experts. ;)

--
James Aultman.