[chord] Re: problem with running sfsrodb

Frank Dabek fdabek at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 8 14:53:37 EDT 2004

Y Chen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I followed Chord HOWTO and tried sfsrodb for several times,
>
> chord-build/sfsrodb/sfsrodb -s key_file -d tmp
>
> but the result is :
>
> "Segmentation fault"
>
> What's the problem of this?

The problem is that the program accessed memory that it is not allowed
to access by the operating system. This is usually the result of a bug
in the program.

If you provide me with a backtrace of the crash I might be able to debug
it. Try:

gdb sfsrodb <name of core file, e.g. sfsrodb.core>
(gdb) bt

and send me the results.

However, sfsrodb is not under active development. I can't guarantee that
we will fix any bug in a timely  manner.

--Frank