[chord] Forward: DHT under churn

Frans Kaashoek kaashoek at csail.mit.edu
Sat Apr 24 09:37:57 EDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from "Simon S. Lam" <lam at cs.utexas.edu> -----

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:27:33 -0500
From: "Simon S. Lam" <lam at cs.utexas.edu>
To: kaashoek at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu, kubitron at cs.berkeley.edu
Cc: lam at cs.utexas.edu
Subject: DHT under churn

Frans and Kubi,

When we recently finalized our Sigmetrics 2004 paper, we became aware of both
your work on DHT under churn, namely, Frans' 2003 IPTPS paper (with Li as
first author) and Kubi's Dec 2003 TR (with Rhea as first author).

Our Sigmetrics paper is about DHT failure recovery and also has a lot
of experimental results on churn (from many months of simulations).
We cited both of your papers in our Intro (though we did not have space
for a thoughtful comparison).  Our paper is available from
  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/lam/Vita/Cpapers/LamLiu04.pdf

I hope you and your students will find our results to be of interest.

Best wishes.

Simon

----- End forwarded message -----