[chord] question

d-nguyen2 at northwestern.edu d-nguyen2 at northwestern.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:27:36 EST 2003

Hi,

My name is David Nguyen and I'm a 2nd year grad student at Northwestern
University.  I'm working on a project of just surveying peer-to-peer systems
papers, not active research, for my class.  I was reading through the Chord
paper titled Chord:  A Scalable Peer-to-peer Lookup Service for Internet
Applications.

My impression from the paper is that the Chord protocol handles 1.  location
of keys, 2. new nodes joining the system.

But referring to section 5, it seems that Chord does not handle
concurrent joins
and failures.  Is this still the case? or has this feature been
implemented into
the Chord protocol since this paper was written.  Thanks in advance,

-dave