[chord] Chord Simulator

Edward Tsai edwardt at ucla.edu
Tue Oct 7 12:08:46 EDT 2003

Hi Thomer,

I see - what I plan to do is "port" over Chord into Qualnet or ns-2 and run
some simulations of Chord interactions, packet info, etc.

I am currently looking into both the simulator code and the real Chord
code - I understand that Chord runs on top of sfs  / seems to use a db - I'm
not too clear on how that effects the "portability" of Chord into a
simulator, but I'll be spending lots of time looking at that this week.

Do you have any suggestions / comments on the feasibility on doing this or
perhaps some of the key issues I should be aware of before going half way
into this quarter and realizing it may be quite almost impossible to
implement / port Chord in a certain way into the simulators (which I doubt,
but then again, to be safe :) )...

Thanks again!

-Edward