[chord] auto configure error

Ko Tensei at KIT tchu at infor.kanazawa-it.ac.jp
Fri May 30 23:37:49 EDT 2003

hi,

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this question here,
but I got an error when installing the CHORD system.
(I download the tarball from the CVSweb/sfsnet, and build it according to
the Chord HOWTO, but --
-------------------------------
% cd ~/chord-build
% ~/sfsnet/configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.6
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsdelf4.6
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc
checking for gm4... /usr/local/bin/gm4
./configure.lineno: 3124: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I've attached the configure.log and .lineno file. Will you please give some
advice? Thanks in advance'

Ko Tensei
Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan