[chord] new auth type patch

Frans Kaashoek kaashoek at csail.mit.edu
Thu Jul 24 08:26:59 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 July 2003 at 03:04 (-0400), Michael Walfish wrote:
> | I don't understand why you want to cut chord at pdos out of the loop.  The
>
> I did not want to cut anyone out of the loop. I perhaps incorrectly
> assumed that others were not interested and that less traffic was better
> than more traffic. I am sorry.

No reason to be sorry---you couldn't have known. Many people are
following this discussion and the topic you brought up is being
discussed at some of the chord meetings that we have each morning.
What the exact interface to dhash should be is not only an interesting
implementation question but gets at the heart of what a DHT is and for
what it is useful.