[chord] CHORD out of memmory error

Haresh Patel hareshe at caip.rutgers.edu
Wed Jul 9 15:35:20 EDT 2003

My name is Haresh Patel and I am developing an application using chord.
In order to learn how chord is programmed, I am looking at the code in
dhash_benchmark.C.  I got chord running with 16 virtual nodes and began
storing keys into the system.  After several days of keeping the system
running, I get the following error when I try to either add a node or add
another key:
	Out of memory while malloc-ing 8176 bytes from 'suio++.h:84'

This has happened every single time and usually to more than one node.  I
am running red hat 8 on a LAN with four computers each having four vnodes.
Any ideas on what can be causing the problems?  Thank You.

Haresh Patel
hareshp at caip.rutgers.edu