[chord] Forward: P2P net architecture and stuff

Frans Kaashoek kaashoek at lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jul 2 09:53:33 EDT 2003

fyi

----- Forwarded message from Peter Triantafillou <peter at ceid.upatras.gr> -----

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:36:07 +0300
From: "Peter Triantafillou" <peter at ceid.upatras.gr>
To: <kaashoek at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: P2P net architecture and stuff

Dear Frans,
you might want to check out a paper of mine to be presented at sigcomm's FDNA-03 next month on p2p net architectures.
it is available thru my web page (with other relevant papers).
pls pass this on to your colleaques.

Briely, we exploit altruists/selfish nodes and buid hierarchies thru which we can achieve O(log log N) lookup, with about half the routing state of Chord and thus with much smaller maintenance requirements.
In the 'highly-dynamic' case (nodes constantly being added/deleted) we can ensure O(sqrtroot(N)) instead of O(N)...
of course, comments are welcome.

hoping you find it of use/value,

regards,

Peter
Peter Triantafillou,
Professor, Dept. of Computer Engineering and Informatics
Director, Network-Centric Information Systems Lab (NetCINS)
University of Patras,
Patras, 26500
Greece
http://www.ceid.upatras.gr/faculty/peter/