[ASRG] Monday 4pm, establishing genuinity and storage-based intrusion detection

Kevin Fu fubob at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 18 12:59:21 EDT 2003

This Monday, 4-5PM
Room NE43-516

We'll discuss two papers from USENIX Security:

 Storage-based Intrusion Detection: Watching storage activity for
    suspicious behavior
 by Adam G. Pennington, John D. Strunk, John Linwood Griffin,
    Craig A.N. Soules, Garth R. Goodson, Gregory R. Ganger
 <http://www.pdl.cmu.edu/PDL-FTP/Secure/usenix03.pdf>
 (discussion led by Mr. Andersen)

and

 Establishing the Genuinity of Remote Computer Systems
 by Rick Kennell and Leah H. Jamieson
 [This paper is not publicly available.  Email me for a copy.]
 (discussion led by Rachel)

I am planning to reserve a room this Fall on Mondays 4-5pm for ASRG.
The Thursday time last semester didn't work out well.  The only
conflict I know of is the advanaced algorithms class; how many folks
here are taking that?  Any other conflicts?

Finally, USENIX tells me that if you enter the uber-37337 priority
code "alumni" when registering for USENIX Security, you'll get a $150
discount off the regular member fee.  So if you missed the early
registration deadline, you can still sneak away with this discount.
http://www.usenix.org/events/sec03/

--------
Kevin E. Fu (fubob at mit.edu)