Cache Tag Type Table
The following cache tag types are provided by the
RoverCacheable enumeration. They specify the behavior of the
Rover Access Manager's cache controller.
- ROVER_NO_CACHE -- Do not cache the object.
- ROVER_CACHE_FOREVER -- The object can be cached forever
(used for immutable objects).
- ROVER_VERIFY -- Verify the object before returning it
from the access manager's cache.
- ROVER_BEST_EFFORT -- If the network is available,
attempt to verify the object before returning it.
- ROVER_CALLBACK -- The object is registered for server
callbacks (currently not implemented).
- ROVER_LEASE -- The object is valid for specific time
period (currently not implemented).
The following cache tag types are also provided by the
RoverCacheable enumeration. The are used as return codes by
the Rover Server.
- ROVER_VERIFIED -- Verifies that the client's copy of an
object is up-to-date.
- ROVER_BE_VERIFIED -- Verifies that the client's copy of
an object is up-to-date.
Last updated by $Author: adj $ on $Date: 1997/12/01 23:41:13 $.
Copyright © 1995-1998 Anthony D. Joseph and Massachusetts
Institute of Technology