[Click] LLRPCs - differences between _CLICK_IOWSF and _CLICK_IOWRSF?

Megan Leigh Elmore melmore at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 6 12:01:22 EST 2008

Hello,

I am writing my own Click elements with LLRPCs that are called through a ControlSocket element in my router configuration.

I am having a bit of an odd problem - I have two different LLRPCs, one of which has a _CLICK_IOWSF number and the other has a _CLICK_IOWRSF number. Both of these are sent the same data through the ControlSocket (i.e., the "LLRPC element#number" command I send to the ControlSocket from a client program is exactly the same except for the LLRPC number for either call), but when I check in my element what data has been received by the llrpc() method, the data field contains entirely different data. In particular, when the _CLICK_IOWSF LLRPC is called, the data field contains the data I intended to send to the ControlSocket, but when the _CLICK_IOWRSF LLRPC is called, the data field contains some gibberish whose origin I cannot figure out from a packet dump.

In summary, my _CLICK_IOWRSF LLRPC is somehow receiving data I did not intend. Is there anything I should know about how the ControlSocket sends data to the llrpc() function of my element that would be different in the case of read/write LLRPCs versus LLRPCs that only write?

Thanks,
-Megan