[chord] Chord and NAT

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 10 10:50:25 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 February 2005 at 16:39 (+0100), Scott Briggs wrote:
> application based on p2p and I was wondering if you guys had looked at
> or tried to solve the problem of traversing the various different
> kinds of NAT implementations.  Thanks.

We have not looked at it specifically in the context of the
Chord implementation.  However, there is some related work in
our research group on a project called UIP [1].  They include
investigation in to some NAT traversal techniques [2].

One day in the future, there might be things like DOA [3] to
help you out.

[1] http://uip.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://midcom-p2p.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://nms.csail.mit.edu/papers/doa-osdi04.html