[chord] Insert ONE file into Chord

Emil Sit sit at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 4 07:49:00 EST 2005

On Fri, 04 February 2005 at 13:19 (+0800), Yang Yong wrote:
> Can I insert one file into chord and know which node this file is allocated
> to? And can I know how many hops it cost if I initiate a lookup for this
> file on some node?

You can use the 'filestore' program that comes in the devel directory.
However, it stripes large files across all the nodes in the network.
It outputs a single Chord key that encapsulates the keys of all the
constituent blocks.

You would expect that typically it takes lg(N) hops for a lookup.
You can actually perform a lookup by using the 'findroute' command,
also in the devel directory.

--
Emil Sit / MIT CSAIL PDOS / http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/chord/